Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I just threw up in my mouth

It's pretty bad when moms make their kids dress the same.  It's even worse when they drag their husbands into the equation.  Nobody likes a matching couple, not even the couple itself.  Other people hate it because it's creepy, blurs gender lines, and probably smells like two people who use the same shampoo.  The couple obviously does not like itself, and that's why its two members are matching-to mask their relationship insecurities with a show of perfect apparel harmony.  This is a shot from a How I Met Your Mother scene in which Lily and Marshall wear matching track suits.  Spoiler alert: God spites them by making them temporarily infertile.  To me, that sounds like an excuse to stop using condoms; to married people, it apparently means failure.  If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: don't match your spouse.  It's worse than tight underwear for babymaking, and God hates it more than children in Chernobyl.
"Barney's Favorite Things" made of velour

No comments: